Translate

Thursday, October 17, 2013

14 dollar and 51 cent Decorating for a Halloween Tea for Three


This dishtowels will be a take home gift after the party. I still haven't decided whether or not to use them as place mats when I set the table. They have chef's knives on them and were on clearance at Target for 88 cents each and they reminded me of the knives in slasher movies so I thought they'd fit nicely with the Halloween theme. They'd be a nice souvenir of the party and everyone can always use an extra dishtowel.

cost: 2.64

These paper plates and napkins came from dollar tree for a dollar a package if we only use one for each of us the cost for this party will be 30 cents. I purchased brown cups and saucers at a thrift store for 10 cents each that should go nicely with these, they're real dishes so they'll last for years.

cost: 90 cents


This tablecloth was from Walmart. The reason I chose this design is that it went well with the paper plates and napkins and I can use what's left again at Thanksgiving. Depending on how you figure things it makes it less than 2.00 per holiday.

cost: 3.97

Here are the makings for a centerpiece from dollar tree. it can be used for both Halloween and Thanksgiving. That's more like 2.50 per holiday.

cost: 5.00


I think you'll agree that you'd have to pay a LOT more than 5.00 for this an arrangement like this almost anywhere.

 This jointed skeleton will be laid out across the table and was purchased at Dollar Tree
cost: 1.00

 These little skeletons were also purchased at dollar tree. I took the garland apart and plan to sit the jointed skeletons on the saucers, leaning up against the cups. The leftover one will be worked into the centerpiece.

cost: 1.00


The decorations will go together in a flash and then I can get on with planning the menu.

No comments:

Post a Comment