Translate

Sunday, December 8, 2013

Winter sets in, settling into the studio corner of the dining room


Here's the usual view from my computer desk in the living room. As you can see, I never even got my watering can put away before the snow came. I kept meaning to pick it up everytime I went by but as any regular readers know by now I'm VERY easily distracted and have lots of things going on at the same time.


Back in the dining room/studio here's the usual view from my worktable. I'm missing the birds already.


This is the most organized corner because it's right next to the window and my table so I spend more time on it. My husband built this bookcase nearly 50 years ago and I've been wanting to paint it for the last 30 years or so...negotiations continue...


Here we are at the kitchen sink, well above the view of the dirty dishes. On days when the sky is blue it's my favorite view because depending on where you're standing it hardly looks like you're in the middle of the city at all.


Here's the view of the back yard from the other kitchen window. What do all of these photos have to do with painting or gardening? They set the stage as inspiration shifts from the things we're growing and picking to planning for next year and painting or drawing from the photos I took this summer.

Because of limited space in here I'll leave any large easel painting for next summer and plan to focus on drawings, small watercolors and acrylic paintings.

I can't wait to see what happens next!

No comments:

Post a Comment