Translate

Monday, January 27, 2014

Sitting around the campfire

Made you look! Clearly, we won't be doing that anytime soon. The temps are so far below zero here that the schools are closed again. All of this snow and cold has put me on the mood to design Christmas cards again. This time I'm taking the idea I used for horses, butterflies and cats and using it with Christmas Trees. 


The nice thing about Christmas trees is that I can practice a lot of different border strokes and use them as garlands on the trees. A little hot, spiced cider helps set the mood and I may go for a bit of holiday music as well...



As you can see by this scan I'm taking a couple of different approaches to the idea and working in flat, liquid acrylics. When I come up with a completed design I'll clear coat it  for protection before it goes into storage.

No comments:

Post a Comment