Translate

Thursday, February 13, 2014

a "play date" in the studio, drawing, painting and paper cutting


Here's the first bit of outlining and then I began to wonder what else I could do with the design and made a lot of photocopies to draw and paint  on.

I

I started by adding another rose and then worked more flowers and stronger colors in.


Somewhere in the middle of it there was company, good conversation and a lot of fun passing things around and writing letters on a lot of them to cheer up everyone we know. Everyone was kind of "doing their own thing", one of us paper cutting lots of fun things to tuck in the envelopes with the letters and the rest of us trying various types of pencils, paints and markers.


We got so busy that we nearly forgot to make lunch or take a coffee break.


 We never did decide which version of this that we liked best so I used several of them to design merchandise with in my stores and I'll let people vote with dollars.

A lot of the time when I'm not sure whether a design is good or not I go ahead and design products with it and wait to see whether it sells or not.

No comments:

Post a Comment