Translate

Saturday, February 1, 2014

Finished Painting from Brushstroke Practice

I call this my "Gypsy Moths" because they remind me of the painted gypsy wagons I'd seen in old movies and television when I was a kid.


You can see I was a bit lazy and didn't bother with anything more ambitious than dots and comma strokes but I think the results are fun anyway, don't you?


 We'll go to the computer next and cut out each of the butterfly shapes so that I can use them on different projects or just resize or rearrange them to see how far I can push the design and how many different things I can do with it.

I can also paint over any of the areas that I'm not happy with yet.


The other thing that I'm considering at this point is adding more colors and brush strokes to the black areas.

1 comment:

  1. I am so proud of my sister! I love your Gypsy Moths!!!!! The picture and the name are both fabulous! I am so proud to be your sister! You are come out of your cocoon! And you my dear sister are the most beautiful butterfly of all!!!!!!!!!!!!!:-)

    ReplyDelete