Translate

Thursday, April 3, 2014

The Challenges of Painting what you grow

It's probably true with most creative people that we avoid the work that takes the most out of us. It's what I call wading around the shallow end, we're reluctant to really dive into the pool because you never know how really deep it is or how long it will be before you come up for air.

A painting is much more than you see on the surface. I'm sure you're thinking "what's so hard about flowers?"

For those of us that grow them too there's choosing the variety, the place that you want to plant it, getting it to grow and then choosing just the right moment to paint it when it's open at the stage that you're trying to capture.

Working from photos just isn't the same as chasing the light and seeing the subtle changes with each shift of both the sun and the plant.

There are a lot of other things I could paint but few that I'm as passionate about so for know I'm doing some cleaning, organizing and card making as I wait for the weather to fill my garden with color.

No comments:

Post a Comment