Translate

Friday, May 16, 2014

Tangled Tulips

I can't begin to tell you how many years it's been since I wanted to dig this whole mess up and move it but it's nothing I'm really able to do myself so I've made peace with just appreciating the struggle between the roses and the tulips as I document it with photos, drawings and paintings.


Many people want some of the rosebushes but none of them are willing to come over here and dig them up themselves.


I've gone from being upset about the situation to noticing the amazing contrast between the thorns and twisted stems of the roses and the fresh colors of the tulip leaves and budding flower.

So many birds and animals live and shelter in the thicket that these bushes have become that it would be a shame to disturb them so for at least another season things will remain as they are.

No comments:

Post a Comment