Translate

Sunday, August 9, 2015

Sunflowers Outside My Window


In an urban garden you take or make your inspiration where you find it. We never planted these sunflowers,they were just the result of mishaps with the bird feeders and a hole in the seed bag.
They bloom where they landed without plan or effort.


They're just outside my living room window. The first thing I see each morning and the last thing I see each night.


I had invested quite a lot of money in seed for 3 or 4 different varieties of sunflowers in different locations around the yard and garden but these simple surprises put them all to shame.


Yes, they inspire me and will continue to appear in drawings and paintings throughout the season.


 It especially amuses me the way the horse that's a school logo on the playground across the street appears to be running through my magic garden.


 I shot this photo just outside my front door to give you a closer view.

No comments:

Post a Comment