Translate

Saturday, December 12, 2015

Making do with paint


Sometime's there's more to an artist's life than art. If you're lucky enough to live in a place that allows you to paint the walls, there's always something you can do to improve your surroundings.


There's nothing I can do about repairing the walls or installing baseboards so I've settled for painting things out and pretending it's nice. it's not the perfect solution but it works for me.


The white was nice and clean but a bit stark so I'm painting a woodgrained finish on the shelves to warm it up a bit.



There's still paint to touch up and more work to do on the woodgrain finish but I think it's quite an improvement, don't you? It's what my Mom always called "a lick and a promise" which is just making things as nice as you can get them until you can afford to really do the job right.





It may not be perfect but I like it.

No comments:

Post a Comment