Translate

Saturday, January 16, 2016

Beyond the Sunflowers

It stopped being about the sunflowers a long time ago, there's just the paint, the process and the feeling that they give me.

People have been painting sunflowers for hundreds of years and I don't expect to have anything new or exciting to add to the party, there's really no reason that I should expect to.


The colors dance around and I float along with them, my breathing slows, I relax and begin to feel a warm glow that begins to creep into the painting with each new color choice.



It probably could have been left here but I pulled out a few more paints and took it for another spin.


I was having so much fun that I reached for another canvas to take along for the ride.


This is the point that I left it at tonight. It's getting late and I need to make some supper.


After supper I went back to work on this one for a while. It's no where near finished yet but I signed it early because I've already promised it to someone.

1 comment:

  1. Is yellow your favorite color?) As it was with van Gogh? I admire your masterpieces and think it is very decent and glamorous pieces of art!

    ReplyDelete