Translate

Wednesday, April 20, 2016

Strawberry Day


I winter my strawberry plants in the ground but move them to these little strawberry pots for the summer so that it's easier for me to reach and pick berries over the summer. Moving them back and forth seems to do the plants good because they're weeded and tended to more often.


I plan to leave them on the tables where they'll get the best sun until after the berries are gone.


I haven't quite decided what I'll be planting in those large brown planters yet.


I put strawberries around the outside edge of this planter. I was most excited about this one because it also has nasturtiums, radishes, carrots and chives in it. I'm anxious to see what it will look like when everything is blooming.It's not often that you can fit fruit, flowers and veggies all in the same pot. I'll keep you posted on the results.

No comments:

Post a Comment