Monday, June 20, 2016
5 Tips on Gardening from a Wheelchair
1. Don't tip too far out of your chair. It stops traffic and frightens the neighbors.
2. Weed or trim only the plants that you can reach safely.
3. Make sure that the surface that you roll your chair on is solid, hard enough and free of holes or ruts.
4. A paper bag is lightweight and easy to handle if you tuck it between your feet on the footrest. It should stay firmly in place there until you get where you want to dump it.
5. Don't forget to take lots of breaks to enjoy whatever is blooming, fruiting or ready to pick.