Translate

Wednesday, October 26, 2016

Painting with Fall Leaves


Todays project is to design some products for fall. I'm hoping that the painting I'm working on would look nice on table linens and as a background on Thanksgiving cards. I started by painting a softly blended background in fall colors.


Next I gathered leaves from around the yard and applied paint to the back of those so I could stamp leaf shapes over the top of the background.


 There's still a lot of work to be done but I wanted you to see how it's going so far.


Here's a close up view of the project so far.


I finished with the painting just in time as most of the leaves are to dry and brittle to work with now.

The first of my projects with this design on Zazzle were paper plates, napkins and placemats with a bit of Thanksgiving text on them.

I'm headed back to work now to see what else I can do with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment