Translate

Friday, February 10, 2017

Cala Lilies for Tea


It's always nice to have company in the studio and yesterday was no exception. I cut the lilies from my houseplant and arranged them in a small pitcher for a centerpiece and decided on an easy menu. I just served cheese and crackers, a veggie tray with spinach dip which I had on hand and some hot, fresh donuts from a Chinese restaurant in the neighborhood. Needless to say, the donuts were a big hit. Best of all it was fast and easy to put together.


After everyone had left I decided not to let the flowers go to waste so I did some drawings around photos of the table and used them for Thank You cards for my guests.

I tried a number of different approaches in watercolor pencil and ink. some went to guests and other as letters to interested friends who hadn't been able to come.


Nothing was quite good enough to put on my merchandise on zazzle so they just went out in the mail.


I tried pen and ink but as you can see I'm much too out of practice at that. It looks like I need to hit the books or watch some videos to brush up on my skills.


No comments:

Post a Comment