Translate

Friday, September 15, 2017

New Sunflowers

I didn't have much luck with sunflowers this season but am looking forward to seeing what I can make of them anyway.

I'll start with a few photos:




This was the best of the flowers and I like the idea of working on it from this angle this year.




Here are 2 shots of the same flower taken so I can get the best idea of how to draw and paint the details of the leaves and stems.




Well, this is all there is to work with this year so it will be a challenge. I'll continue to add to this post and I get started on the drawings and paintings so be sure to check back here from time to time. 






Here are a couple of pen and ink drawings on envelopes.


Here are a couple drawings I was working on for cards.


Of course I moved on to a scrapbook page as well.


After that I went back to my paints and did another post for my ramp railings.


It was nice to be working from live flowers again.




I didn't have many sunflowers this year but you've got to admit I made the most of them.

No comments:

Post a Comment