Translate

Thursday, October 26, 2017

Daisies, Inspiration and the Creative Process

I was thinking about adding some daisies to some of my older paintings so I rounded up photos of this seasons garden and a one from 5 years ago and began putting together an inspiration page to work from that shows the flowers from all angles.


First I rounded up the photos and trimmed off any distracting bits.



Next I arranged and attached them in place.


I figured I'd make the project a bit fun and unwind a little by drawing around them. First in pen. And then in colored pencil.



After that it was time to move on to the painting.





I added the daisies in acrylics and think it improved things quite a bit.



I'm considering adding different types of flowers but hung the painting back on the wall until I decide.


Back in the frame it went...at least for a while.

No comments:

Post a Comment