Translate

Saturday, November 4, 2017

Pulling Ideas Together: Hats, Flowers etc.


There are a lot of things I've been wanting to try for a long time and I've finally gotten around to working on them.



I started with a red hat and a purple hat to honor my Grandmother and my Mother.



Next I added a straw hat to honor my other Grandmother who used to take me to her little County Fair.



I threw in cups, saucers and a teapot to honor my friends who visit me for tea.



As you can see here part of the designs that are on the purple hat are the same ones that I used on the wheelchair ramp that I painted in front of my house.



So is the band on the red hat.


Of course the daisies began to creep in too.


Did you figure out why I put stripes in the background? I just had to continue with the theme I used on my wheelchair ramp project. I guess you could say the stripes represent the posts.



Grandma Julia, the straw hat is for you.


The design is still evolving and I'm working in some fun touches that remind me of my siblings as well.





I've wanted to include all the favorite things about my family and my garden so I needed to add roses here as well.


Things were looking pretty good at this point but I decided to add some lilacs because as kids we loved to play in the lilac bushes and I continue to grow them now because they make me feel happy and young again.


There are so many other things I want to say and do with paint but only so much room on this one canvas so I'm wrapping this one up and moving on to 2 other paintings.


All that remains now is to take this to Zazzle and find as many ways to share it with others as I can.

As always I will start with postage stamps, cards and stickers so that I can write everyone that's been asking me about this. Then on to all sorts of products for everyone else.

No comments:

Post a Comment