Translate

Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Questions about covered faces

I noticed that people in many countries read this blog so I hope they'll comment and explain a few things to me. As I mentioned yesterday I'm attempting to paint a portrait and since I have no training or experience in that area, it's been difficult.

 It occurred to me that there are many countries where that wouldn't be a problem because they cover their faces. I grew up in the american Midwest so although I've seen a few people that do that, we've never really spoken. 

I'm not really sure how to speak to someone that I can't see. In my culture or daily life so much of what I do or don't say to people is based on the reaction in their faces so here are a few questions that I have when you can't do that:

1. How do you know who you're talking to? When people are covered up they all look alike...at least to me because I don't know any better.
2. How do you know if you should speak?

I don't want to bother anyone but I am curious. How do recognize each other on the street, or isn't it done?

No comments:

Post a Comment