Translate

Monday, January 16, 2012

Design concept for a new painting

You just never know where the ideas are going to come from, that's the great surprise that keeps me excited and headed back to work everyday. Today's inspiration was the reactions from people as I pulled different sets of teacups out of various places during the course of the afternoon at yesterday's tea.

I used to do paintings based on different dishes in my collection but now that I've been designing products for Zazzle I've decided to do a painting full of cups and saucers where I really let my imagination go wild and come up with as many of my own designs as I can. Even if some of the individual designs aren't successful the painting itself will look great in the dining room and pictures of it will make cute tea invitations or "Thank You's". 

No matter how it goes there is no downside to this project.

No comments:

Post a Comment