Translate

Thursday, February 18, 2010

Big Hit at the Nursing Home

I have a lot of fun drawing flowers on the envelopes and more bits of flowers and leaves around the ones I clipped from the days"junk" mail . Now my cousin Susan tells me my "lumpy mail" is "a big hit at the table" in the nursing home she visits. It's been great timing too because this time of year there are garden catalogs in almost everydays mail so I promised I'd keep them comming and I'm already beginning to wear that new set of pencils down in the effort but it's fun to see the looks at the post office when I go in to mail them. For me it's the very best kind of art exhibit, more satisfying than "serious work" in a gallery setting and unlikely to be judged by anyone. Yes, I'm gutless but I'm happy and so are the folks that enjoy my letters and today that's all that matters.

No comments:

Post a Comment