Translate

Tuesday, December 7, 2010

For My Sister Far Away


Chris sent this photo and I thought I'd attempt an acrylic painting of it as a holiday surprise. It's not much of a Christmas present but there's still time to  do some more work on this one or try to paint another one. Whatever I do, I'll post the results before I post the package. I should have done it at Thanksgiving...The nice thing was that we were thinking of each other today. Just as I got home from working on this, there was a meassage from her on my answering machine.

This picture of the painting was nearly 3 hours of work since the last one. The painting is only 8 x 10 inches and took nearly 7 hours start to finish. I've spent years and sometimes decades re working paintings in the past so this feels like a breakthrough for me. It will be interesting to see how I approach subjects from now on.


No comments:

Post a Comment