Translate

Thursday, October 27, 2011

A little dab will do ya

 3:00 AM too awake to sleep, too tired to to do much else and 3 numb fingers making it all but impossible to hold a brush. This experience is common to a lot of us and since painting always makes me feel better I apply it with whatever works, didn't have much luck with the knife or the spoon so I just used my hands which improved the circulation in them as well so don't give up. There's always something you can do and it helped me get back to sleep as well.
 Sometimes I just dive into the paint and see where it takes me. Open, happy and relaxed it's easy to "go with the flow". I find myself wondering why people find it hard to get to the place where the creativity happens...It's a natural state for me.
 It's not looking like much yet but you never know what will happen next and sometimes encounter the most surprising images as the colors dance around each other.
 Excuse the glare on some of these photos the light fixture is right over the table and the paint was wet at this point.
I've been lucky, a lot of people believe in my work or just the passion that goes into it. Just last weekend a friend brought some paints-Thanks Ron!

No comments:

Post a Comment