Translate

Sunday, October 26, 2014

Overpainting the lilies

I'd been struggling with this lily painting for nearly 20 years and just never got it to turn out the way I wanted to so today I decided I needed a fresh approach.


Instead of trying to MAKE it do anything I'm just relaxing into the paint, thinking less and painting more. It's very relaxing to free yourself and just let the work happen without worrying about the outcome.


I'd been going at it with some painting knives recently and decided to reach for some brushes instead.


Red, Yellow, Blue and an unbleached white were the only colors I used today along with a 1 inch, long handled brush.


It was interesting to see the painting submerge itself and begin to sink below the new paint. I can't wait to see what will come to the surface next! Each session is an adventure and I'm sure the end result will be a pleasant surprise to all of us.

No comments:

Post a Comment