Translate

Sunday, August 27, 2017

Red Tulip Project

After 15 years the bed of bright red tulips has dwindeld to just 3 or 4 blossoms and since I don't have the money to buy more and replant I've opted to round up all of the pictures that I've taken over those years and start a new collection of paintings of them.


Here's the first of the paintings to come from this series of photos.


And here it is again as I added more leaves to it.



This is the first of this series which I will be putting up on products for sale on Zazzle. After spending some time "playing" with this image I couldn't resist adding a few more leaves.



I'm really happy with it now.


This was my next attempt at doing something interesting with those tulips.


 t


It's certainly brightening up the living room as I'm making just one more attempt at painting those tulips.




I decided to do a few drawings while I was writing a few people about the new paintings. I did them on the envelopes to brighten up the mail for all of us.



Here are the envelopes all together.


After a few drawings I went back to my paints.


I wasn't quite sure what to do with the background on this one so I tried just about every color in my paintbox.



I suppose this painting would be fine as it was at this point so I lived with it for a couple of days before deciding to make it part of a set with the last painting.




All it took to make it work was to change the background.






I will be using these paintings as part of a set of note cards on Zazzle.


HERE ARE PHOTOS OF SOME OF MY PREVIOUS EFFORTS:















No comments:

Post a Comment