Translate

Monday, November 13, 2017

Getting it Right: A Series of Changes to an 8 x 10" Tulip Painting


There's not much I can say about this except that I thought the painting was a bit darker and duller than I wanted it to be so I Thought about ways to brighten it up.


I wanted to be sure to stick to flowers that I grow in my garden so I decided to add daisies. Here I'm deciding where I want to place them.


I liked it better with the tulips but began to think they'd thrown off the balance.


I felt more changes needed to be made so I decided to pull my garden photos from spring and summer and add some lily of the valley to it.


It made it more interesting but I felt that I'd added too many blossoms, too close together but was afraid to tamper with it further right now.


I'm trying it under different lighting conditions and living with it a while before I make any more decisions on it.


No comments:

Post a Comment