Translate

Tuesday, December 5, 2017

Interesting Experiments with Drawings and Paintings


It all started with this drawing from 1996. I'd never been too happy with it and it wasn't aging too well so I figured that I might as well play with it a bit.



I couldn't find my watercolors so I gabbed my acrylic paints and began adding those.


I found the early results promising so I continued adding other paints.


Looking back I think I should have stayed with the blue background.


I'm not quite sure why I went with the dark background except that I didn't like how the purple looked next to the blue.


I got carried away adding leaves and blades of grass which tilted the balance too far to the green.


I added more flowers to try to balance the colors a bit better.


I'm not sure how successful the finished painting was but I felt it was a useful exercise and it may work out yet. I plan to try it on a few products on Zazzle to see what it looks like in different shapes and sizes to see what happens.

Wish Me Luck

No comments:

Post a Comment