Translate

Saturday, May 8, 2021

A New Twist on an Old Idea

Round and round I go between types of projects that I work on around the studio. Somehow every decade or two I pause to collage. For one thing it helps clean up the place because I tend to use up all of the loose paper bits, watercolors, and drawings in a more useful way.

The new twist this time was after I'd seen a couple of you tube videos by a guy who only uses cereal boxes.

For some reason he only uses cereal boxes. And that intriguing. the first reason was that it's totally self contained. As long as you have a pair of scissors and glue you don't have to buy ANYTHING. How often do you find an absolutely FREE art or craft project ? I was hooked and had to try it.

I had made the mistake of using a generic brand which left too many awkward white spaces which I filled from my text stash (various letters and words I clip from newspapers and magazines that I keep in a small box for situations like this one) and found that I liked it much better after that.

Another step that I added was to make a black and white copy just in case I would like it better, time will tell.

It was an interesting experiment and I highly recommend it. It's a great way to chase the blues away or just spend a rainy afternoon.

No comments:

Post a Comment