Translate

Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Variations on a theme

Yes, I'm STILL painting Christmas cards and sticking with this one basic design while I focus on teaching myself to add more dimension and shape the leaves and petals with shading. It's easy for me in pencils or acrylics but not really something I've gotten used to in watercolors yet. Having a LOT of cards to make will give the the opportunity to practice, practice, practice until I get tired of this design and ready to move on to something else. I'm wishing I had the live flowers to work on because I find that really helpful. It also explains why you see the best floral drawings from me during gardening season. Happy Holidays Everyone! (if you're one of the folks on my list you'll be getting one of these soon)

No comments:

Post a Comment