Translate

Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Staying busy

It was fun to start that watercolor from one of my old garden photos. I had done an acrylic painting based on that photo years ago so I thought it would be interesting to see what would happen if I tried it in other media. Once I finish the watercolor I'll give it a try in pencil or ink.
Other than that work continues on dala horse projects and my garden.
 The finish on this old planter has been falling off for some time so I put some primer on it to protect the surface before it degrades any further. Luckily there was just enough primer left over from another project to do the job. Isn't it great when you can take a bunch of old bits of stuff and turn it into something nice? I may paint over this but it's just fine for now and has been set in place out in the garden.
I need to take some time away from all of this to battle the creeping craft monster and start cleaning house. It's surprising the state that things can get into while you're busy doing other things. isn't it?

No comments:

Post a Comment