Translate

Thursday, April 5, 2012

Raspberries

It was chilly out in the garden this morning so I didn't take my camera along. There wouldn't have been much to photograph anyway. The birds move too fast for me and all I did was transplant a few raspberry bushes that were headed for the fence line. I'm probably the only person in town that doesn't even own a grass whip or weed whacker. What do they call those things? It's amazing the number of machines they expect a person to use in order to "keep your yard up".
Berries are expensive if you have to buy them at the market so I always like to grow a few at home. Taking care of a whole patch is beyond me these days so I'm trying to round up some of the best plants and get them growing in very large containers. This year the size I'm trying is about 3 foot in both height and width. I'm hoping for good results but they're not much to look at so far.

No comments:

Post a Comment