Monday, February 16, 2015

Back to the background

The blue I'd used earlier was too bright and intense

I resolved that problem by mixing it with unbleached titanium white and softly blending bits of red and yellow into areas to give a soft look and break things up a bit. It bounces the light around and make it more interesting to look at.

When I've finished the background I plan to paint a doily under the teapot and then I may rework bits of the teapot. It's always hard to decide when I should be finished with a painting. I've got one around here that I've been working on for 17 years...and I'm STILL not finished with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment