Translate

Friday, March 19, 2010

Inspiration, Process and Prosperity

I've been working on the house again and reading a book called "Move Your Stuff, Change Your Life. How to use Feng Shui..." and it turns out that The messiest corner in my kitchen is supposed to be my "prosperity" corner so in addition to cleaning it up, repainting and putting new shelf paper in the cabinet I decided to paint a little watercolor in "prosperity" colors to hang on the wall based roughly on a small photo I'd taken of flowers from my garden in a small vase that I shot last year. In the first picture you see me getting started on the painting, in the center I've thrown coarse salt into the wet paint to draw off some of the color and produce the textured look you see in the finished painting. (yes, most of the salt shakes or brushes off as soon as the paint is dry) it's a bit messy to work with but the results are interesting. I tried it in the background of a painting the other day and will post a picture of that one soon. Anyway, I'm thinking it works for me-we sold 3 DVD's today and are hoping to see more improvement in all of our efforts soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment