Translate

Sunday, November 28, 2010

Inspiration, hope and a fresh start



What has that got to do with creativity...as it turns out EVERYTHING! I have a solar powered crystal in my window, when it gets enough sun it begins to spin and fills the room with rainbows and I find it really keeps my spirits up because even though sunny days are rare this time of year you really appreciate the ones you get and it's really hard to be cranky in a room full of rainbows.
We quit working on the studio last year because finances have been scary and we're not sure we'll be able to stay here let alone get any work done on the place. That hasn't changed but my attitude has. There was recently some interest in filming me at my studio...you know, the one I don't quite have yet and it got me to thinking that whether it's really finished or not it's warm, safe and dry and that's so much more than a lot of people in the world can hope for so the least I can do is clean it up enough to get my knitting machine in there and start making all the hats, mittens and slippers I can to bring a little warmth to everyone I can while I've got the chance and the place to do it.
Most of my painting is happening at the dining room table and down at the senior citizens center so I think I can spare the space for it until I run out of yarn then of course it will be on to the next project that I've got materials or someone has a need for.

No comments:

Post a Comment