Translate

Saturday, March 9, 2013

A good week

I haven't spent any time trying to sell anything because everything I've made was for people I know. Decorating the Senior Center is so important to keeping every one's spirits up and with so many community centers being closed or loosing funding it's a good thing I know how to make a lot of the decorations myself and have supplies on hand thanks to a lot of my friends that believe in the things I'm doing. I also made some Birthday presents and a lot of cards.
I didn't make any money and bills need to be paid but everyday I do something to make people happy so I still feel it was a good week.
I've put away the shrink plastic supplies and have gone back to sanding and painting horses. I've made DOZENS and only sold four of them. The rest of the story is that I haven't had any extra ones to sell. Most of the time I'm making them for someone or some event. People are loving them and they're making everyone except my creditors happy.
In other words it's an artist's life and I've got the same problem that other's have for hundreds of years.
The only solution so far is to sell items with my images on them and hope those copies will generate some income until I have time to paint or draw more things.

No comments:

Post a Comment