Translate

Wednesday, September 11, 2013

A bit of transplanting as the season wraps up

There's not much of the gardening season left so I took advantage of the good weather today and moved some of my lilies up to the front garden. I also got the liogonberry planted and and moved a bit more hosta.




There's so much to do before the cold weather sets in that I'm quite sure which of the yard work to tackle first. So far I'll begin my cleaning up the side of the garden where we have company and sit at tea time. It is after all the place that we use the most.

There's very little blooming here to paint except for the sunflowers and as you can see from the rest of the blog I've already done quite a lot of that this season.

I still love the sight of them but I just can't work up the energy to draw or paint them anymore.

The theme for the garden next year will be roses. Mine are all pinks and will be a refreshing change from all of the yellow I've had this year. They're a huge tangle of several different varieties that have been needing some attention for years and will be more than enough of a challenge to keep me busy next season.


No comments:

Post a Comment