Translate

Saturday, November 21, 2015

Planning vs Instinct in Painting


Things turn out all sorts of ways depending on the mood you're in or the amount of pressure you use on your brush. I'm still working to get a daisy that I like.


I tried doing them in different sizes with different brushes and guess I'll just move on to other designs in different areas of the canvas for a while.


All of the time that I'm doing this I'm thinking about doing some serious painting again but with space at a premium over the winter it's important to finish things up before moving on.


This runs contrary to my nature but I feel that it stretches me as a person and an artist. By the time I get to my next painting I should have some firm ideas in mind of the direction that I want it to take. All of that should actually improve my work.

No comments:

Post a Comment