Saturday, December 31, 2016

Making Changes to an Old Iris Painting

People had told me that the background on this little eight by ten inch acrylic painting was too dark and stormy, lately I'd begun to agree with them and had decided to try and do something about it.

I wasn't quite sure if I should be changing this painting or not so I decided to take it slowly and start on just one side to that I could compare the results better and decide which style I really liked.

I didn't have any black or brown to paint in for the soil so I mixed red, green and a bit of purple to come up with a close substitute.

I'm told that it's now a brighter, happier painting and I may test that theory by putting it on some merchandise on Zazzle. I'll start by making myself some note cards to write my family and friends to show them what I've been working on lately.

No comments:

Post a Comment