Translate

Sunday, May 28, 2017

Lots of Work Needed. A Photo Tour of the Garden





The bright green pot is full of sedum, celery and dill.



I love this corner of the yard this tie of year. The yellow of the wild geraniums really brightens things up and my sister brought some bright yellow metal bees to add to the fun.



This section is up by my main path and we just transplanted some sedum, iris and geraniums to brighten up the entrance to the garden.




Somewhere in this mess you'll find roses, lilacs, spirea, grapes, geraniums, lilies and a number of other things that I hope someday to turn into a nicely arranged series of flower beds.


Here's a lot of lily of the valley that I'd like to use as a border.


I love the way the sunlight filters through the trees and love to surprise people by placing chives in among the other plants for a bit of color and to clip and send home with visitors.


They love the story  of my friend Ruthie who gave me a cake pan full of the plants over 30 years ago that have been at 3 of my homes and started gardens for lots of other friends as well.


 Both the hosta and the wild geraniums were a welcome to the neighborhood gift from neighbors on each side of the street of the home I moved to here 15 years ago.

So many of my plants have a history of their own. Even this new bed I'm planting includes Iris from a neighbor at the corner house here.


All of the people and stories are a part of the garden now and perhaps one of the reasons that there's a sense of peace and happiness as you move through the garden here. Dappled sunlight and warm memories are a bit like being wrapped in a hug.


I don't do much drawing and painting while everything is blooming, there's just too much work to do but I take lots of photos from different angles and draw and paint from them over the long winters.



 Any painting that happens over the summer is generally on birdhouses, the wheelchair ramp or the arbor.


My hope is to turn this into a creative haven for writers and artists of all kinds where amazing things can happen inspired by the things we grow and do here.


The aim is to feed body and soul with the fruit, flowers and plants including a tea garden where you can pick and brew fresh teas and enjoy a treat topped with the jam and jellies made from the berries we grow here.

No comments:

Post a Comment