Translate

Thursday, November 22, 2018

Between Projects

After I'd finished working on that new Lily painting I went back to arranging finished paintings on the wall and hoping for some sales.



As I was doing that it occurred to me that part of the trouble that I have in making a sale has to do with finding frames clients like or setting prices on vintage frames that I have.


This time around I decided to simplify things and take advantage of the fact that most canvases these day wrap around the fronts. I simply painted the sides to match the fronts and wrapping the image all the way around. that way I only have to sell the painting itself. The customer saves money here and can choose any frame they desire and can afford.



I am selling the small canvas panels at set prices by size and leaving them unframed as well so they can stack or go in small bins to sell. 

I was still quite excited about those pink lilies when I finished the painting and wrote a lot about it  along with photos of all the pink lilies I'd grown in my garden over the years or had received as gifts which led to pages and pages of all of the lily paintings and drawings that I've done. I just couldn't decide ho w much of it I should carry over into the blog here.

No comments:

Post a Comment