Translate

Tuesday, November 6, 2018

New Lily Painting

New Lily painting from flowers sent by my brother when I got out of the hospital.



This started as an abstract quite a while ago and I added one lily over the summer.  It was nice to be back to work on it.



As you can see I'm taking a looser approach to it this time around.



All I have available for paints this time are a few tubes of acrylic paint-Mostly Liquitex heavy body and Jo Sonya and a few bottles of craft type acrylics in various brands and thicknesses.



You would think that would present a problem but it hasn't so far.

I'm really enjoying painting for the first time in ages.
Part of it is the new studio and having both the time and the space to really relax and feel it all wash through me. 

As I continued to paint those lilies I was feeling better and freer than I have ever felt before. Feeling light, like I could float away in the happiness of it all.

A place of my own at last, doing what I've always wanted to do.

My physical limits don't really matter-I don't suppose they ever did.  Maybe that's what makes the experience so intense.

So much to consider as I reach yet again for my paints.


This painting continues to surprise and delight each time I go back to work on it,
Today the most change was in the flowers.


Here's a close up view to give you a better look at what I meant by that.


After studying my garden photos of lilies I began making changes to bring the leaves and flowers into a bit more realistic arrangements.


That kind of took the fun out of it for a while.


I'm walking away from it at this point until inspiration strikes again.

No comments:

Post a Comment