Translate

Monday, June 17, 2019

Miniature Tomato Plants in the Living Room

Miniature Tomato Plants

At the top of the page is a photo of the miniature tomato plants I grew last year. I'm very excited to say that the seeds that I saved were viable and I am growing 3 new plants from the seed.


This year I'm growing them in an indoor hydroponic system and it does seem to have made a difference.


The biggest change is that these have lots more buds and blossoms on them than last years did.


I'm very pleased with the results so far. I'll keep you posted of the progress on the way to harvest.



Sunday June 23, 2019
I noticed the first tomato on one of the plants and was quite excited about that. I can't wait to see how well these bear compared to last years.




I don't remember what dates I shot the rest of these photos on but they follow the plants progress.




Because of the extra weight of the fruit I began pruning a lot of the leaves to lighten the load and distribute the weight better.





By the time the tomato plants got to this point they kept tipping over so I planted them in regular flower pots where I could add as much support as they needed.



No comments:

Post a Comment