Translate

Sunday, November 29, 2020

Still Playing in the Water Lilies

 This canvas has been in the works for several years now but it wasn't until a couple of months ago that I decided to turn it into a water lily painting.

The main problem with this is that I've only seen real ones a few times and never from very close up.

I've tried to remember but it's too many decades ago so I looked at books and videos with varying results.

Yet I kept painting...








This painting was a long process but I really enjoyed it.  So far this is the most heavily textured pieces I've ever done and was quite a challenge.

It never quite turned out the way that I wanted it to but really gave me s chance to try a lot of new things. and the best thing about it is that it gives me something bright and cheerful to look at through the winter.

No comments:

Post a Comment