Translate

Wednesday, June 14, 2017

Sunchaser Garden, Recycle Project


 You wouldn't think an old, beat up wagon would be much use for anything but this one has solved a major problem around here.



All it really needed was a coat of white paint so that it would blend in with the mesh patio furniture here. It's pretty good sized which is what gave me the idea for putting all of my garden plants into it.



One of the biggest problems with a regular garden here is that there are lots of trees and too much shade for most plants.



Putting everything into the wagon allows us to pull it over to any sunny spot in the yard or garden and to move it whenever we want to.



 I call this my "Sun Chaser Garden"


So far we're growing chives, chamomile, celery, radishes, carrots, peas, tomatoes, strawberries and sedum.



The strawberries that I'm trying this year have pink flowers and small alpine berries. They're not hearty in this zone but I plan to overwinter it in the house. I can't wait to see what happens with it.




It seems to be doing well so far.


There are quite a few small green tomatoes on the plants by the 2nd week of July. As you can see the wagon is filling up nicely.





No comments:

Post a Comment