Translate

Sunday, May 2, 2010

More progress on the lilac bench

This is the last section of boards for that garden bench. I'm still "playing" with the design and my leaf painting technique. I actually ran out and bought new brushes because I wanted a crisper edge on the leaves and wanted more of a point at the end of them, No side or section of this bench is the same other than the fact that they're all covered with lilacs. I've actually picked some of the branches of my bush in the backyard apart to understand the exact composition of the flower bunches and placement of the leaves.
I'm headed outdoors now to put another coat of polyurethane on the seat before getting back to finishing this section. Just a few days left until it's all assembled and delivered...even I'm not sure what it will look like so keep checking in so you don't miss the surprise ending.

No comments:

Post a Comment