Translate

Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Seed Money and Fresh Starts

I delivered the boards for the lilac bench last night and should have pictures of the completed project soon (I'm a painter, not a furniture builder). Now that I've got that project out of the way I'm headed outdoors to plant more things to paint and draw. My careful garden plan was to gab a few packets of flower seed that appealed to me, rip them all open and dump them together in an old diner style sugar shaker. The opening is large enough to dispense all but the very biggest sunflower seeds and those will go along the edge of the garden when I finish planting along the driveway. I think it makes things more fun because you never know what will pop up next to each other and it gets the creativity going by showing you different ways to combine shapes and colors in unexpected ways.

1 comment:

  1. Love this idea!! A great way to go--I may do the same thing. I envy your creativity!!

    ReplyDelete