Translate

Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Chives

 There were a few chives wandering around in the old garden so I thought I'd do something more useful with them. I guess I'd taken them for granted because I've had so many in the 20 years since a bucket full of them were given to me by a friend in my old neighborhood. Each year I give many of them away and of course they keep on coming...
 Some of these pots were given to me by another friend and others were purchased at the dollar store. I made a couple more stops and picked up a bag of garden soil and a few packets of lettuce, carrot, radish and wildflower seeds but that's the only cash investment in this project.
 A lot of people that I know can't have gardens anymore so I plan to share the square pots with them. Chives are planted in the center for color and flavor.  I've surrounded them with lettuce so they'll be pretty and delicious.
I've even added one to my kitchen garden. The round one is a bit different, it's surrounded by mini carrots (danvers half-long)

No comments:

Post a Comment