Translate

Saturday, May 19, 2012

Mornings in the garden

I like to go to the garden first thing in the morning when you can hear birds instead of the traffic in the city.
I toss on an old denim dress, grab my coffee and out I go.
Today I was still feeling a bit sulky about not being able to afford all of the plants I see people walking out of the garden centers with (when I 'm just there for a bag of good soil) and then I got over it, grabbed a trowel and wandered around the yard gathering wild violets and filling a basket planter with those.( It's a 3 tier wire stand that I rescued on the way to the dump and found liners for at WalMart)
I also moved a few things around like dragging that stand down next to the arbor and pulling another table up from the back yard.
Ever hopeful I even moved one of the really large planters up by the house that  I want to fill with a tomato surrounded by a ring of marigolds and one of lettuce.

No comments:

Post a Comment