Translate

Sunday, July 15, 2012

A passion for drawing from the artist's view

As I mentioned before I'd planned to rework some areas of this Iris drawing to make it work better for print media but then I picked up my pencils and nearly 2 hours slipped by before I realized how different that top flower had become from the lower one so I stopped and scanned it here for you before I decide what to do from this point.
I have a real passion for my work and can get easily carried away with it. Often I'll work an image until I destroy it because there are times that I just don't know when to quit.
It's hard to describe what goes on when I draw or paint, there's a sense of moving away from everything around me and sliding into someplace warm and wonderful. It just feels SOOO good that you don't want to stop or leave. You hate to finish your drawing or painting because you don't want that feeling to end.
Overworking a piece is self indulgent,dangerous and lovely all at the same time. No wonder people think that artist's are crazy.
We've just been on an amazing little vacation to a world that they can't even see.

No comments:

Post a Comment