Translate

Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Experiments in water based or soluble media

 As I began to work with the last of my flowers I thought I'd take some time to experiment with watercolor pencils and water-soluble wax pastels. These drawings combine a bit of each. 
The first drawing blended too much  so I added permanent ink outlines to give the petals some definition.
In the next attempt I started with the yellow first, then orange and finally red instead of applying them all at once and that gave me a bit more control. Not everything works the first time. Don't give up! try different types of papers or different solvents or ways of applying them. The options are endless and I'll be interested to hear where your experiments take you.


1 comment:

  1. This is a really nice technique. It seems to give it a "natural" blend of colors. Personally I like it both ways, with and without the outlines.

    ReplyDelete