Translate

Saturday, October 10, 2015

A Look in My Paintbox, out with the old and in with the new

It's been a very long time since I've bought any new tubes of acrylic paint so I'm planning projects for the colors that  I've got on hand:
                                                      white
                                                       burnt sienna
                                                        cadmium yellow
                                                        bronze yellow
                                                         prisim violet
                                                         light portrait pink
                                                         burnt umber
                                                         payne's gray
                                                         cadmium red
As you can see it's mostly browns, yellows and a bit of red and purple. I had painted sunflowers until I ran out of anything to make nice greens for the leaves.

Now that I'm about out of everything I'll finally get around to painting the still life of all of the pottery that my sister and I made years ago.

A few versions of that should polish off the end of those paints and I'll be able to start fresh with a full set in new colors.

Clearing the old paints out of the way first is the best way to make sure that you don't accidently put a thickened or lumpy paint  into a new painting and spoil it.

I've been meaning to paint that pottery for years, now I'm out of excuses and more or less forced to get it done.

It may not sound like it but I'm actually excited at the prospect of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment